After seeing “non-essential” trip taking increase in recent days, RCTA has decided to end its trial period of elimination of all fares. Effective Tuesday April 7, 2020 RCTA will resume requiring its normal cash fares or valid passes for boarding all buses.
There are more COVID-19 related changes happening this week. RCTA must adjust its service levels to the dramatically reduced travel demand and reduced staff availability. The following service changes go into effect Monday, April 6th, 2020 until further notice:
- Crescent City Local Routes and Dial-a-Ride will shut down at 6pm
- All Saturday Service is eliminated, including Regional and Crescent City Local Routes and Dial-a-Ride
- The late morning trip of Route 20 between Crescent City and Arcata (departs CC at 10am) is eliminated
- The last evening trip of Route 20 between Crescent City and Smith River (departs CC at 7:42pm) is eliminated
- The last evening trip of Route 20 between Crescent City and Klamath (departs CC at 7:05pm) is eliminated
- The late afternoon trip of Route 199 between Crescent City and Gasquet (departs CC at 4pm) is eliminated