Route 20 – Smith River / Crescent City / Arcata
In Smith River, connections are made Monday through Friday to the Curry Public Transit Coastal Express to Brookings and the Oregon Coast. Call 1-800-921-2871.In Crescent City, connections are made Monday through Friday to the Southwest Point Transit Route to Medford and Klamath Falls Oregon. Call 1-888-900-2609.
Service available to Del Norte County Airport in Crescent City and Arcata Airport in McKinleyville upon request. Call 707-464-6400 to reserve a deviation to the airport(s).
In Arcata, daily connections with Amtrak, Greyhound, Redwood Transit System, and Arcata & Mad River Transit.
We’ve Got Connections! SF Bay Area, Southern & Coastal Oregon.
Route 20 operates Monday through Friday between Smith River and Arcata.
Schedules are timed for easy connections.
Effective April 6, 2020
- All Saturday Trips are eliminated
- The late morning trip of Route 20 between Crescent City and Arcata (departs CC at 10am) is eliminated
- The last evening trip of Route 20 between Crescent City and Smith River (departs CC at 7:42pm) is eliminated
- The last evening trip of Route 20 between Crescent City and Klamath (departs CC at 7:05pm) is eliminated
|Lucky 7 Store (Departs)||6:45||9:20||2:15||6:30||—|
|Old Ray’s Foods||6:50||9:25||2:20||6:32||—|
|Ft. Dick Market||6:58||9:33||2:28||6:40||—|
|Pelican Bay State Prison||7:00||—||—||—||—|
|J & L Market||7:05||9:40||2:35||6:47||—|
|College of Redwoods||7:13||9:48||2:43||6:55||—|
|Prairie Creek S.P.||8:28||—||4:16||—||—|
|Orick Redwood N.P. Office||8:38||—||4:26||—||—|
|Visitor Ctr – R.N.P.||8:42||—||4:30||—||—|
|Arcata Transit Center (Arrive)||9:22||—||5:10||—||—|
- Connect from Curry Public Transit
- Connect to Amtrak, Greyhound, and Redwood Transit System
- PM times shown in bold type
|Arcata Transit Center (Departs)||—||—||10:00||—||5:50||—|
|Redwood N.P. Visitor Center||—||—||10:40||—||6:30||—|
|Orick – N.P. Office||—||—||10:44||—||6:34||—|
|Prairie Creek S.P.||—||—||10:54||—||6:44||—|
|College of Redwoods||—||8:38||1:38||—||—||—|
|J & L Market||6:15||8:45||1:45||6:10||—||—|
|Pelican Bay State Prison||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|Ft. Dick Market||6:22||8:52||1:52||6:17||—||—|
|Ray’s Food Place||6:30||9:00||2:00||6:25||—||—|
|Lucky 7 Casino (Arrives)||6:35||9:05||2:05||6:30||—||—|
* This trip becomes Route 199 and stops at College 12:38pm
- Connect to Curry Public Transit to continue north to Oregon
- Connect from Amtrak, Greyhound, and Redwood Transit System
- PM times shown in bold type
In addition to the stops shown on this schedule, RCTA will make flag stops on request at any safe location as determined by the driver. Passengers desiring flag stops are encouraged to call RCTA at (707) 464-6400 to determine the best place to wait. Reservations are recommended. Passengers should limit luggage to items that they can manage without assistance, or to no more than two large suitcases. All buses are wheelchair accessible.