Redwood Coast Transit Authority is committed to ensuring that no person shall be excluded from the equal distribution of its transit services, programs, and resources because of race, color or national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- Redwood Coast Transit provides transit services and operates transit programs without regard to race, color, and national origin in full compliance with Title VI.
- Any person who believes she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI while using Redwood Coast Transit services may file a complaint with Redwood Coast Transit Authority. All complaints will be fairly and objectively investigated.
- To file a complaint, you may contact Redwood Coast Transit by phone: (707) 464-6400 or visit Redwood Coast Transit at: 9240 Highway 53, Lower Lake, CA.
- For more information about Redwood Coast Transit’s Title VI Program and complaint procedure, please contact (707) 464-6400; or download the Title VI Complaint Procedures and Title VI Complaint Form in PDF format.
- A complainant may file a complaint directly with the Federal Transit Administration by filing a complaint with the Title VI Program Coordinator, FTA Office of Civil Rights, East Building, 5th Floor — TCR, 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, D.C. 20590
- If information is needed in another language, contact (707) 464-6400
- Si necesita información en otro idioma, contacte al (707) 464-6400
Redwood Coast Transit
Wheelchair accessible curb-to-curb service is available throughout the Crescent City area. Please call for a reservation the day before you travel.
Dial-A-Ride operates from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday-Friday and 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Saturday.
For more information or to Dial-A-Ride, Call (707) 464-6400.